Paleo Sweet Potato-Pork Belly Hash
- 1 pound whole pork belly,
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- chives, to garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 205mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Generously season pork belly with salt and pepper. Place it in Dutch oven over a stove top together with garlic, onions and stock. Bring it to a boil then turn heat off.
Place in a 140C preheated oven then braise for 3 hours.
Remove from oven then place pork belly on a separate dish, place another flat object on top of it (i.e. chopping board, baking dish), something a bit bigger than the pork and place something heavy on top of it to flatten the pork evenly.
Secure your weights so it does not topple over then place them in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator then cube them into half inch pieces.
In a pan add oil, once hot add pork and brown it on all sides. Remove pork then set aside.
Using the same pan add oil then add the sweet potatoes, cook for 8 minutes.
Add the shallots then cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the pork in then drizzle the red wine vinegar and honey on top then toss to coat, cook for 2 more minutes.
Place in a serving platter then serve garnished with chopped chives
You'll also love
- Berry Slaw 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pickled Carrot Sticks 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Caramelized Lemongrass Chicken... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- PORK - Siu Mai 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Cutlets With Sautéed Peppers... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mock Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Sweet Potatoes Bake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)