Mushroom Stroganoff - Vegan
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces crimini or other wild mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- Thyme, to taste
- 16 ounces cooked whole-wheat fettuccini noodles
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from google.com
Cook onion in non-stick skillet on high heat for 3 minutes.
Add sliced mushrooms and garlic, then cook until the mushrooms begin to release their juices.
Sprinkle flour over mushrooms. Stir continuously with whisk or wooden spoon until the flour is evenly dissolved.
Add vinegar and soy milk, stirring continuously until sauce thickens. Add thyme, to taste.
Serve warm over cooked noodles.