Chicken Breasts And Morels
- 2 dozen fresh morels* sliced (or 2 oz dried morels and 1/2 cup heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 single chicken breasts skinned, boned, and pounded flat
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (use the reserved cream if you have used dried morels)
- 1/2 teaspoon green peppercorns crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Chanterelle
If using dried morels, simmer them in the cream until soft, about 15 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Reserve the cream.
Flour the chicken breasts lightly. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and the oil in a sauté pan or skillet, and sauté the chicken quickly, about 3 minutes on each side, then remove to a heated pan. Deglaze the pan with brandy. Pour this over the chicken breasts. Place them in a preheated 250 degree oven while you prepare the sauce.
Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the same pan. Add the morels and cook until they become semi-dry. Add the beef broth and cream and let it cook down into a sauce. Add the peppercorns, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Place the chicken breasts on a warm platter and cover with the sauce just before serving.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (384 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)