Breast Of Veal With Hedgehog Mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 pounds breast of veal cut single ribs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 7 tablespoons mild vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef broth or more
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 allspice berries
- 1 1/2 pounds hedgehog mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper the ribs, then pat with the flour. Brown in 5 tablespoons of the oil in a Dutch oven and set aside.
Wipe the pot clean and add the melted butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook the garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, broth, bay leaf, thyme, and allspice, along with the mushrooms and the ribs.
Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more beef broth. Remove the bay leaf after 30 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle on the parsley just before serving.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)