Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 mid size fresh button mushrooms
- olive oil for brushing
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from foodsogoodmall.com
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms down to center of mushroom being careful not to break through to the meat. You will have a hollow space that will allow you to stuff the mushroom. Set aside
3. In a saute pan melt butter and saute mushroom stems, stir until juices have cooked down, about 4 minutes.
4. Add spinach and Cook about 4 minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
6. Spoon spinach mixture into mushroom caps.
Bake for 15 minutes.