Baked Haddock With Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound super-fresh haddock fillets
- 2 cups fresh clamshell mushrooms cleaned, sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
Cut the fresh fish into 4 serving size portions. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Place the fish in a rectangular baking dish, sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning, and bake in a 450 degree oven, uncovered. Continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Allow about 5 minutes of cooking time per 1/2 inch of thickness.
While the fish is baking, prepare the mushroom sauce. In a small saucepan, cook the mushrooms and green onion in butter until tender. Stir in the chicken stock and wine. Add the cornstarch to 1/4 cup cold water, and mix to form a "slurry." Add the slurry to the mushroom mixture, stirring constantly, to thicken. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, then continue cooking for about 2 minutes more.
Transfer the cooked fish fillets to serving plates and spoon the mushroom sauce over the top.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sear-Roasted Haddock or Cod with... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)