Avocados Stuffed With Truffled Lobster
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 yellow onion cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 lobsters - (abt 2 lbs ea)
- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chervil
- 3 tablespoons shaved fresh truffle
- 8 chives
Add the bay leaves, onions, salt, and peppercorns to 2 gallons of water in a large, heavy pot. Bring to a boil and add the lobsters. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the cooked lobsters to a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain and cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the claws and the tails. Reserve the claw meat whole, cut the rest into bite-sized pieces.
In a medium bowl, dress the mesclun greens with the extra virgin olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Divide the greens among four salad plates. Place 1/2 of an avocado on each salad plate. Reserving the claw meat, use a medium bowl to mix the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, truffle oil, shallots, chervil, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Divide the lobster salad on the four avocado halves. Sprinkle with shaved truffle and garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 4 servings.