SLOW COOKED POT ROAST
- Recipe By : computer
- Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Main Dishes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 12 small white potatoes, peeled
- 1 3# boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tomato sauce -- (15-ounce)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Place the potatoes in a slow cooker. Brown the beef in the oil in a skillet. Place the beef over the potatoes. Drain the skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add the onion to the drippings in the skillet. Saute until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour over the beef. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Return the sauce to a skillet just before serving. Cook over medium high heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over the beef.
NOTE: You may also prepare this recipe in an oven cooking bag in the oven. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours following the cooking bag directions.