Romaine and Charred Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing
Smashing ripe avocado with olive oil, lemon juice, honey and garlic creates a fantastic, creamy dressing for this hearty salad by Molly Chester.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 to 4 large ears)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 Hass avocado, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt
- Three 6- to 8-ounce romaine hearts, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded pecorino cheese, plus more for garnish
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from Food&Wine.com
Preheat the broiler. Spread the corn kernels on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from the heat for about
5 minutes, until lightly charred. Let the
corn kernels cool completely.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, honey and garlic. Add the avocado and, using a fork, lightly smash it against the side of the bowl and mix it in to form a chunky dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the cooled corn with the romaine pieces, sliced onion and the 1/2 cup of pecorino cheese. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Garnish the salad with shredded cheese and serve right away.
You'll also love
- How to Roll and Grill Salmon Steaks 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini, Carrot, and Parsnip... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Campbell's Herb & Garlic Turkey... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Shaved Melon Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean and Avocado Tostadas... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken- Smoky Chicken Corn Cakes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)