Wild Morels Sautéed With Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 pound morels washed, cleaned, and trimmed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
To clean the morels, cut off the tough bottom of the stem and wash in three soaks of cold water. To the first soak, add 2 tablespoons of salt and remove any critters that may be drawn out.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and add the chicken breasts. Do not crowd the pan. The chicken should be sautéed in batches. Sauté the chicken until it's browned on both sides, then remove and set aside somewhere warm.
Use the same pan to sauté the mushrooms. Start by adding the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the morels and sauté for about 4 minutes, then add the shallots and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet, add the wine, then cover and simmer for about 3 minutes. Swirl in the butter and serve hot.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)