Veal With Chanterelles
- 8 veal scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 pound chanterelles* sliced
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom, Oyster mushroom, Morels
Gently pound the veal scallops. In a sauté pan or skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and sauté the scallops until both sides are brown.
Transfer the scallops to an ovenproof dish and place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm. Add the onions to the pan and sauté for about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and beef broth, and boil for about 5 minutes. Mix the cornstarch and water in a cup. Add to the wine mixture along with the half and half. Cook until the mixture is slightly thickened.
In the meantime, sauté the chanterelles in the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet. This should take 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and veal to the sauce mixture in the sauté pan and heat thoroughly. Serve with rice.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)