Veal Chops With Morels, Baby Leeks, Fingerling Potatoes
- 4 veal chops - (12 oz ea)
- 4 ounces fresh morels
- 9 baby leeks cleaned
- 8 ounces fingerling potatoes
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces red wine demi-glaze
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Season veal chops with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil over chops. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, brown veal chops on both sides and place in oven to desired doneness (about 12 minutes for medium-rare.) Wash and towel dry morels, making sure there is no sand in the mushrooms.
Saute mushrooms in medium-size pan on high heat until tender, add shallots and garlic, continue until shallots are translucent. Deglaze with red wine, and reduce until wine is gone. Season with salt and pepper and fresh thyme, set aside and keep warm.
Add olive oil to saute pan and cook potatoes until golden. Season with salt and pepper and finish in oven with veal chops.
Blanch leeks in salted boiling water for 1 minute and shock in ice water. Finish leeks in saute pan with olive oil and salt and pepper until very soft.
Take veal chops from oven, let rest for a few minutes while setting up plates
In center of plate make a ring with the leeks, place fingerling potatoes in center of ring. Place veal chop on top of potatoes so bone stands up at a 45-degree angle. Place morels around the plate with the grape tomatoes. Ladle sauce around the mushrooms, garnish with fresh thyme.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Leek and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (47 Votes)