Veal Chops With Chanterelles
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 pound chanterelles* chopped
- 4 loin veal chops with curved bone trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon butter or more if needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or more if needed
- 4 minced shallots or green onions
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Minced fresh parsley
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom
Place the water, butter, and the juice of 1/2 lemon in a large saucepan. When the water begins to boil, immediately add the chanterelles and simmer 5 minutes. Remove the chanterelles with a slotted spoon. Reduce the cooking liquid until the mushroom flavor is intense.
Sprinkle the chops with juice from the remaining lemon half. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a sauté pan or skillet. Sauté the chops until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chops to a warm platter.
Put the chanterelles in the sauté pan. Add the shallots and the reduced cooking liquid, salt, and pepper. Toss and cook a few minutes. Add the cream and cook down until thickened. Then add the parsley, toss, and serve the sauce over the chops.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)