- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (please do NOT use cheap imitations!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely-grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 12 large morels - (to 16) cleaned, trimmed
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely-minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, cream, chopped chives, egg, Parmesan, and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly. Season with the salt and pepper. Stuff each morel with the crabmeat filling.
Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and melt four tablespoons of the butter. Transfer the stuffed morels to the skillet and sauté gently. Turn on all sides to ensure even browning. Add the remaining butter and garlic. Continue to cook for about a minute, then transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for about eight or ten minutes, or until the mushrooms are thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
Sauté the remaining butter with the garlic to make garlic butter. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve the mushrooms immediately with hot garlic butter drizzled on top.
This recipe yields ?? servings.