Stuffed Baked Boletes
- 3 boletes* - (to 4)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or more
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 prosciutto slices minced
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil (or 1/4 tspn dried basil)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Horse Mushroom, The Prince
Remove the bolete stems and save for another dish or dry the stems for future use. In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the tops of the mushroom caps in the olive oil for a few minutes or until they turn brown. With a slotted spoon remove them to a warm baking dish.
In the oil that remains in the pan, sauté the garlic and prosciutto until the garlic is translucent. Allow the mixture to cool somewhat, then stir in the egg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, basil, salt, and pepper.
Stuff the caps and bake them in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
This recipe yields 4 to 5 side dish servings.