- 4 Baked Potatoes
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Milk (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
1. Bake potatoes as directed; let stand about 10 minutes. Cut a lengthwise slice from the top of each baked potato; discard skin from slice and place pulp in a bowl. Scoop pulp out of each potato (see photo, directional). Add the pulp to the bowl.
2. Saute garlic, onions and mushrooms, set aside.
2. Mash the potato pulp with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed. Add sour cream, garlic mixture, salt and black pepper; beat until smooth. (If necessary, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to reach desired consistency.) Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and, if desired, chives. Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the potato shells. Place in a 2-quart baking dish.
3. Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.