Sautéed Spinach With Shiitakes And Shallots
- 1 gallon water
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 pounds fresh spinach trimmed, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 ounces shiitakes stemmed, sliced
- Freshly-ground black pepper
Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add the salt. In a large bowl add some ice and water to create a water bath. Place the spinach in the boiling water and cook for about one minute. Don't drain. Place it in the ice bath to cool. Drain the spinach and squeeze it until it's very dry.
Add the butter to a skillet and heat. Add the shallots and cook for about one minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their liquid. Add the spinach and sauté until it's heated through. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)
- Crispy Butternut Squash Spinach... 5/5 (4 Votes)