CRUSTLESS TOMATO RICOTTA PIE
- Recipe By : GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
- Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Luncheon Main Dishes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 container part skim ricotta cheese -- 15 oz.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (1%)
- 1 tablespoon constarch
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves -- chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves -- chopped
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl whisk ricotta cheese, eggs, romano, 1/2 t. salt and 1/8 t. pepper until blended.
In measuring cup, stir milk and corn starch until smooth; whisk into cheese mixture. Stir in basil and mint.
Pour mixture into nonstick 10 inch skillet with oven safe handle. Arrange tomatoes on top, overlapping slices if necessary. Bake pie 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and set around edge and center is puffed. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.