Roasted Pumpkin And Chanterelle Risotto
- 1 small baby pumpkin
- 1/2 pound Arborio rice
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 32 ounces chicken stock or white pork stock.
- 4 ounces Chanterelle mushrooms trimmed, washed, and split
- 1/2 cup diced pumpkin
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Prepare Pumpkin: Take one baby pumpkin and cut in half and remove seeds and center fibers. Remove skin and cut into wedges and bake in 350 degree oven until tender. Cool, and dice 1/2 up into 1/4-inch cubes and puree other half in food processor.
Rice: In heavy bottom pan melt one tablespoon butter and cook minced onions until transparent and tender but do not brown. Add mushrooms and saute to golden color and add the diced pumpkin. Pour rice over and continue stirring rice and garnish for one minute. Pour wine over and reduce, stirring to prevent sticking.
Using wooden spoon begin stirring while adding hot chicken stock one ladle at a time, stirring continuously to help rice to absorb liquid. Add pumpkin puree. Add more stock after prior is absorbed. After all stock is incorporated and rice has a slight bite to it incorporate the butter and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spoon onto warm plates.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Note: If rice is to be prepared in advance then only use half the stock pouring in a little at a time. When finished with stock, pour out rice onto a pan to cool down, to be finished when needed using other half of stock.
You'll also love
- Roast Turkey With Porcini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef Tenderloin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork And Chanterelles With Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom-Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettucini With Zucchini And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn Squash Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Pumpkin Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)