Mushrooms In Wine Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped shallot
- 3 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups sliced cleaned trimmed fresh mushrooms (preferably cinnamon caps)
- 2 tablespoons dry red or white wine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
Cook the shallot and the garlic in butter over a moderate heat in a medium skillet. Stir constantly until they're softened. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking over moderate heat until they begin to give off their liquid. Stir in the wine and simmer for about two minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for a few minutes before serving. This recipe can be doubled.
This recipe yields ?? servings.