Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Breadsticks
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (somewhere between 105º and 115º. I just get it hot from the tap)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt (regular salt also works)
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 7.5 oz. jar of artichokes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mix together the yeast, water, oil, and butter. Let sit for 3 minutes or until the yeast is dissolved.
Add the sugar and then the flour and mix in a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment for 10 minutes. Add the garlic salt in while it's mixing. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm moist place for about 1/2 hour or until doubled.
Meanwhile, mix together the remaining ingredients, reserving 1 cup of the mozzarella for the top.
Grease a baking sheet and spread the dough onto it. It doesn't have to cover the whole sheet. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1/2 hour more. Heat oven to 400º.
Cover the bread with the spinach artichoke mixture and top with the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes at 400º, then turn down the heat to 350º and bake for about 15 minutes more or until the edges are crispy and browned.