- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Adapted from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net
1. In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, bring the sugars, milk, and salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
2. When rolling boil starts, begin timing and cook for 4 minutes. (Accuracy is important.) While its boiling, lay out wax paper on your counter.
3. Remove from the heat and add the butter, vanilla, and pecans. Beat vigorously until the mixture becomes thick.
4. Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto the wax paper. (Work quickly, otherwise it will harden too much to spoon out.) Let the pralines cool and set.