- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons dried boletes - (to 4)
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick) melted
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
Grate the zucchini, then place it in a clean dish towel and twist it to remove as much liquid as possible.
Grind the mushrooms in a blender or food processor, allowing the fine particles to settle before removing the cover. Mix the ground mushrooms into the melted butter and allow it to cool somewhat.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Add the buttermilk and grated zucchini. Mix the dry ingredients into the egg-zucchini mixture (do not overbeat). Add the butter-mushroom mixture and blend.
Spoon into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until it is brown and crusty on top. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This recipe yields 1 loaf.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)