tex-mex chicken tenders with garlicky avocado dipping sauce
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sirracha
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespooon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- avocado garlic dipping sauce:
- 5.3 ounces non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
serving size: 1/4 pound tenders
these baked tex-mex chicken fingers will please hungry kids and adults alike, you'll never miss the deep-fried version!
for the tenders:
preheat oven to 375 degrees. place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with non-stick olive oil spray.
in a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and sirracha until combined.
in a large zip lock bag, add panko, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt paprika and cayenne. close and shake until combined. season with salt and pepper.
season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
place tenders a few at a time in the egg mixture. let excess drip off. place in ziplock back, shut and shake until completely coated. shake off excess and line up on cooling rack. (you may need to use two)
bake for about 20 minutes (depending on the size of your tenders) until golden brown, crunchy and cooked through.
while the tenders are cooking, make the sauce.
add all the ingredients into a mini food processor. blend until smooth. season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
You'll also love
- Pickled Vidalia Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Bratwurst Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Rum Soaked Pineapple 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni & Dried Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice by Laura Vitale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in the... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Knot Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)