Torn Garlic Bread
Tearing the bread into large chunks ensures plenty of crispy, buttery edges. It’s a terrific accompaniment to bratwursts, or grilled or roasted chicken, and an excellent garnish for hearty salads. Snack on these crunchy munchies any time you're craving the garlic bread in a bite-sized snack.
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 (1.25-pound) sourdough boule, torn into 2-inch pieces
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped for garnish, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a food processor, pulse the shallot and garlic until finely chopped. Add the butter and puree until nearly smooth. Season the garlic butter with salt and pepper and scrape into a large bowl.
Add the bread to the bowl and toss until coated. Spread the buttered bread on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until crisp on the outside, but chewy in the middle.
Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a shallow bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (435 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)