Morels With Madeira And Fettuccini
- 1/2 pound fresh morels washed, trimmed, and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1/2 cup Madeira
- 1 cup chicken stock hot
- 1 pound fettuccini cooked according to
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut Smithfield ham
Melt the butter over medium heat and add the sliced morel mushrooms. Sauté for three or four minutes. Add the shallots and continue cooking for another two minutes or so. Add the Madeira and simmer until the wine is reduced by about half.
Add 1/2 cup of the hot chicken stock to the skillet and cook for about three minutes, reserving the rest of the stock. Add additional stock as needed in order to achieve the desired consistency.
Cook the pasta according to directions. Add the cream to the morels and continue to simmer, but do not allow it to boil. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Add the sage and ham to the morels. Cook for only about 30 seconds, then pour the sauce over the hot pasta and toss. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields ?? servings.