Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
By Gina G
- 3 large cloves mincedFresh garlic
- 1 large jar Sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 pound cubed Chicken breast tenders
- Salt to taste
- Paprika or cayenne to taste
- 2 cups Half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 boxes Uncooked Penne pasta
- 8 leaves chopped or whole Basil
- 1 teaspoon More or less to taste Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Reserved Pasta Water
Adapted from recipetips-now.com
In a large pan, on high heat, sauté garlic and sun-dried tomatoes
(drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried
tomatoes jar) until garlic is fragrant.
Remove sun-dried tomatoes from the pan, leaving the oil, and add cubed chicken tenders,
salted and lightly covered in cayenne or paprika (for color) and cook on high heat for 1
minute on each side. Remove from heat.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some cooked pasta
water. Drain the pasta.
Chop the sun-dried tomatoes that you set aside into smaller bits and add them back to the
skillet with the chicken. Add half and half cream and mozzarella cheese to the skillet and
bring to a gentle boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook, constantly
stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. Add cooked
pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 1
tablespoon of basil, and at least 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Stir to
Add the reserved cooked pasta water little by little until the thickness of the cheese sauce is
creamier. Immediately, season the pasta with salt and more red pepper flakes,
to taste, if needed. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes for flavors to
Serve in a casserole dish and garnish with fresh basil leaves.