Morel Sauce II
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pound fresh morel mushrooms split in half, brushed clean, and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the shallots in the butter until lightly browned. Add the garlic and the morels. Cook until the mushrooms begin to "sweat."
Add the wine and continue cooking until reduced by about 75 percent. Add the beef broth and the fresh thyme. Boil until the broth is 50 percent reduced.
Stir in the additional two tablespoons of butter and season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields ?? servings.