Colorado Mud Pie
- Hershey's hot fudge sauce or:
- 24 oreos
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 qallon chocolate chip mint or coffee ice cream
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz. whipped cream
- 1/2 ounce mint (Peppermint Schnappes) or coffee liquor
- Slivered chocolate
Crush oreos in food processor. Mix with 1/3 cup melted butter. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan and put oreo mix in bottom of pan. Add softened chocolate chip mint or coffee ice cream and spread on top. Re-freeze.
Melt 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate with 2 Tb. butter, 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk, cok and stir untilthickened. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp vanilla and cool a little. Pour over ice cream and re-freeze.
Mix 8 oz. of whipped cream...(Cool Whip) .... with 1/2 oz. of liquor. Spread over hot fudge. Sprinkle with slivered chocolate...unsweet or semi-sweet. Cover with saran wrap or Al foil and freeze until hard.