Caramel Apple Crumble Bars
- 1 package (18.5oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 and 1/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 egg
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9x13 with cooking spray. combine cake mix and oats in a large bowl. Cut butter into cake mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping; set aside. Add egg to remaining crumb mixture in bowl; mix until well blended. Press onto bottom of pan.
2. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut apples in half. Chop pecans. In a small bowl, combine apples, brown sugar and pecans; toss lightly. Layer apple mixture over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping