Marinated Mushrooms And Artichokes
- 1 pound small fresh artichokes trimmed (or two 9-oz packages thawed frozen artichokes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or 1/2 tspn dried thyme)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tspn dried tarragon)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound small common store mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, deveined, and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
Place the artichokes in 1/4 cup salted water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool.
In a large bowl, combine the water, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, herbs, artichokes, mushrooms, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with parsley when ready to serve.
This recipe yields 4 first course servings.