Grilled Mushroom Salad With Pecan Vinaigrette
- PECAN VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely-minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 quarts lightly-packed savory greens (such as frisee and arugula)
- Pecan Vinaigrette (listed below)
- 3 small ripe pears peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly-toasted whole pecans
- 1/3 cup toasted pecan oil
- 1/3 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh mint
- Hot sauce to taste
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, thyme, salt, and pepper. Thread the mushrooms on thin metal skewers and arrange on a baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil mixture and grill over moderately-hot coals on both sides until tender and golden brown. Remove the mushrooms from the skewers and quarter or slice thickly.
Toss the greens, mushrooms, and pecan vinaigrette and arrange on plates with sliced fresh pears and toasted pecans. Serve immediately.
Pecan Vinaigrette: Whisk the oil, grapefruit juice, and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the mint and ad drops of hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture sit for about one hour before serving, in order to develop the flavors.
This recipe yields ?? servings.