Fettucini With Zucchini And Mushrooms
- 1 pound common store mushrooms* thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini cut julienne strips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese or more
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
* Alternate Mushrooms: Shaggy Parasol Mushroom
In a large saucepan sauté the mushrooms in the butter over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini. Cook until the zucchini is tender but slightly crisp. Allow to cool somewhat, then stir in the sour cream.
Add the olive oil to a large amount of boiling salted water, then add the pasta and cook it until al dente. Drain the pasta in a large colander. Add the pasta to the pan of zucchini and mushrooms. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, salt, cayenne, and parsley and toss gently with a wooden fork, lifting the pasta and combining the mixture well.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if you like.
This recipe yields 6 main course servings.