Fennel And Mushrooms
- 1/2 head fennel cut into small
- strips about 1/2" by 1 1/2"
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound small to medium common store mushrooms* halved
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fennel leaves
* Alternate Mushrooms: Oyster Mushroom
In a saucepan, cook the fennel in 2 tablespoons of the butter and the water for 3 minutes or until tender. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Drain the fennel and add to the mushrooms. Stir in the sour cream. Serve at once, topped with the chopped fennel leaves.
This recipe yields 4 to 5 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)