Creamed Potatoes And Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes - (to 2)
- 2 firm young boletes* - (to 3)
- 3 tablespoons butter (3 to 4)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Madeira
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Hedgehog Mushroom
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water to cover until tender. Drain; peel the skins and cut into cubes. Set aside.
Cut the mushrooms into cubes similar in size to the potatoes. In a saucepan, sauté the mushrooms in the butter. Remove them with a slotted spoon when they are browned.
Mix the flour into the juices remaining in the saucepan. Add the cream and whisk over low heat until thickened. Add the Madeira and allow the sauce to thicken again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a buttered casserole dish, mix the potatoes and mushrooms together. Pour the sauce on top and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until it brown and bubbly.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)