Penne with Crisp Prosciutto, Zucchini and Corn
- Kosher salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 ears of corn, shucked, kernels sliced off or 1 c frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 c freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 lb dried penne
- 2 tsp sherry or cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp of the oil and the prosciutto in a large, deep skillet, set it over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the prosciutto browns in places and becomes crisp, about 5 mins. Transfer the prosciutto to a large plate lined with paper towels.
Add 1 tbsp oil and the onion to the skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until the onion softens completely and begins to caramelize. Add the zucchini and corn, sprinkle with salt and pepper, 4-5 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the cheese and all of the mint.
Cook the penne in the water to al dente. Reserve 1/2 c cooking liquid and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta, 2 tbsp oil, vinegar and 1 tsp pepper to the skillet with the zucchini and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the reserved pasta water and stir. Serve sprinkled with prosciutto and remaining cheese.
You'll also love
- Thai Coconut and Chicken Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Artichoke-Cheese Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Creme Cheese Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Hearty Meat Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Tracks Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad I 0/5 (0 Votes)