Cheese & Mushroom Quiche
This cheesy mushroom quiche is amazing! Our family enjoys it often for breakfast or weekend brunch.
- 10-inch CRUST:
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk or more to make the right dough consistency
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Approximately 2 handfuls mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed cheddar, grated (but you can use Swiss, too, if you want a sharper taste)
- Paprika, to taste
- Butter, to saute veggies
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Pulse flour and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the blade running, pour in just enough milk through the opening in the lid to make a soft dough. Roll it out and fit in a pie pan, doubling up the excess. You can flute the edges or do whatever you prefer.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Melt butter in a small pan. Add onions and saute over medium heat for a few minutes. When the onions begin to soften, throw in the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs, milk, and flour. Spread the grated cheese over the bottom of the unbaked crust and top with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the custard and sprinkle everything with paprika.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until solid in the center. You can serve it hot or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- "No Bake" Baked Potato Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato and Mushroom Alfredo... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Peachy Keen Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Halloween Poke Cake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sauteed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Sausage Quiche 4.4/5 (5 Votes)