Entrees: Beef-Taco Rolls
- Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 to 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican cheese blend
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and brown over medium-high heat. When the meat is cooked (about 10 minutes), drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning and water, then stir and simmer the mixture for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the refried beans.
2.To give the filling a smooth consistency, pour the beef mixture into a blender. With 4 or 5 short pulses, eliminate any large chunks from the mix.
3.For each wrap, heat a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds. Spread about 1/2 cup of the beef mixture evenly over it, then top with a layer of salsa and cheese. Roll it up and tuck in the ends.
4.Tightly cover each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cut in half at serving time. Makes 6 roll-ups.