Asparagus, Spinach and Feta Quiche
Two Peas and their Pod
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 9-inch pie crust
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie dough and stick in freezer while you prepare the other quiche ingredients.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears, and spinach. Cook until asparagus spears are slightly tender and spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in the feta and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Remove pie crust from the freezer. Place asparagus pieces, spinach, and green onions on the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables and into the crust.
5. Bake the quiche for 45 minutes or until quiche is set and slightly golden brown. Let quiche stand for 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Mexican Wedding Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler 3.8/5 (81 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Pie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Garlic Cheese Biscuits 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Simple Pasta Casserole 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Black... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)