Chanterells And Prawns In Cream
- 1 pound chanterelles* cut bite size
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 large prawns shelled, deveined, and split in half lenghwise
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - (to 4)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup Dubonnet
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom, Milky Caps
In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the chanterelles in the butter until only a small amount of liquid remains. Set aside.
Dust the prawns with a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the prawns until pink and opaque. Drain on paper towels.
Put the green onions, Dubonnet, wine, lemon juice, cream, and broth in a saucepan and heat slowly for 5 to 7 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat and combine with the chanterelles and prawns. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 4 main course or 6 first course servings.