Tempting Tortoni Parfait
A popular Italian dessert, this rich treat relies on ice cream flavored with Marsala wine. The ice cream is combined with choped almonds, cookie crumbs and fudge sauce for an elegant, semi frozen treat.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 16 small crisp almond flavored cookies
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 4 maraschino cherries
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 29mins
1. In medium skillet over medium heat, place almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, unitl toasted; remove from heat.
2.in food processor, combine almonds and cookies. Process until curmbs form,Remove to medium bowl; toss in marsala wine. Place half of mixture in small bowl and half in medium bowl.
3. Spoon ice cream in food processor and pulse until barely smooth. Add to medium bool with cookie crumb mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Working quickly, into 4 parfait glasses, alternately layer 1 tbsp reserved crumb mixture, 1 scoop ince cream, 1 tbsp fudge sauce. Repeat layers of crumb mixture, ice cream and fudge sauce. Top each with 1 maraschino cherry. Place each parfait in freezer as finished and freeze until ready to serve, up to 10 min.