Baked Haddock with Tomatoes
This was very good. The flavor was kind of sweet, maybe because I used yellow & red bell peppers instead of green. Either way, it was very good.
If making enough for lunches also - double the sauce silly!
- 9 oz. haddock fillets (we used Tilapia) (6 protein)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (9 fat)
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped (1 carb)
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped (1/2 carb)
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can chopped tomatoes (I used the variety with diced peppers & onions (2 1/2 carb)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional if tomatoes are acidic)
Cooking time 10mins
Preheat oven to 375.
Saute onion and pepper in olive oil about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in everything else except fish and lemon juice and cook over medium heat 5 - 10 minutes until it thickens.
Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking dish. Layer the fish on top and sprinkle with lemon juice. Top with the rest of the sauce.
Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until fish is flaky. (this took about 20 minutes in my oven, one tilapia fillet was pretty thick).
You'll also love
- Sugar-Free Banana Strawberry Sorbet 4/5 (1 Votes)
- emeril's turkey brine 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
- LIME JELLO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean and Potato Stew... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce for Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Atkins Park's Shrimp and Grits 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Salad with Green Beans,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Haleiwa Smoked Tuna 4/5 (1 Votes)