Chanterelles In The Oven
- 1 pound chanterelles* halved or quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup rich chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom, Milky Caps
Arrange the chanterelles in a buttered casserole dish. Cover with the chopped onion. Cover the dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, add the broth and cream, and continue to bake without the cover for another 15 minutes. Do not allow the cream to boil. Adjust the flavor by adding salt and pepper. Serve with the parsley sprinkled on top.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.