CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
- Recipe By : FAMILY CIRCLE
- Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Desserts
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- whipped cream -- optional
Heat oven to 350. Grease 9 inch round or 5 1/2 cup oval baking dish.
Combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt in medium sized bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla to form thick batter. Spread in prepared pan in even layer. Sprinkle remaining granulated sugar, cocoa powder and the brown sugar over batter in pan. Pour boiling water over top.
Bake 350 oven 25 minutes, until set around sides and top is loose and slightly bubbly. Cool in pan on rack at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.