Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Bars
Make sure to have some parchment paper to line your pan! For those who love dark chocolate, these are the holiday cookies for you!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10-ounce) bag (or 1 2/3 cups) dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or peppermint candy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
In large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until well blended. Beat in peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and eggs, blending everything well.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in the dark chocolate chips and the crushed peppermint candy canes or candy, blending so these are evenly mixed into the dough. Note: The dough will be very thick and even crumbly, so it's easier if you use your hands to work the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy into the dough.
Pat dough evenly into your prepared 9x13-inch baking pan. Even though the dough is crumbly, it will press together nicely in the pan. Bake at 350˚F for 20 to 22 minutes, or just until very lightly browned. Let bars cool completely in pan (or, if you want to eat these warm, cool for at least 10 minutes).
Remove from pan by picking up edges of parchment paper and placing on a cutting surface. Cut into large or small squares or bars.
You'll also love
- Christmas Truffles Recipe 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Meringue Ghosts 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- White Peach Sangria 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Pound Cake 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bark 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Coconut Sugar Cookies 4.7/5 (23 Votes)