Beef Tenderloin Steaks Stuffed With Morels
- 2 1/2 ounces dried morel mushrooms - (to 3)
- Olive oil as needed
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves minced fine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 4 beef tenderloins, abt 1 1/2" thick - (abt 6 oz ea)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
Chop the rehydrated mushrooms, the shallots, and the garlic. Over medium heat using a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add the shallots and the garlic and sauté for about one minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional five minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, cool, and add the fresh thyme.
Cut small slits or "pockets" in the side of each steak. Push about 1/4 of the mushroom dressing into each pocket. You may want to secure these pockets with toothpicks.
Salt and pepper the steaks on both sides. Melt butter over medium-high in a skillet and sear the steaks for about five to six minutes on each side. Make sure they don't stick to the pan. When they've been seared and cooked to your preference, place each steak on an individual dinner plate and garnish with rosemary.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Steak 'en... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff (Using Thin Strips... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)