Wild Rice Stuffing With Mushrooms
- 5 ounces wild rice
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms trimmed, sliced (clamshell, oyster, and portabello)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled, diced fine
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 tablespoons chestnut puree
- 6 ounces ground pork sausage fully cooked
- 1/2 tablespoon finely-snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely-ground black pepper
Cook the rice according to package instructions and melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and celery and cook for about four minutes. Stir constantly. Set aside the cooked mushrooms until needed.
Drain the rice and set it aside to cool. Use a food processor to mix and chop the mushrooms, chestnut puree, cooked sausage, parsley, sage, and salt and pepper. Blend until mixed, but not totally pureed. Remove the mixture and place it in a mixing bowl.
Add the cooked rice to the mixing bowl with the mushroom and sausage combination. Use a wooden spoon to mix the rice into the mushrooms. Rinse and drain the turkey cavity, then salt and pepper the inside of the cavity before adding the stuffing.
This recipe yields ?? servings.