Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
- 2 links chorizo - casings removed
- 1/2 lb. smoked gouda - shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon light sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 12 large jalapeno peppers - stemmed & seeded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain & place in a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, onion, egg, cream cheese, sour chream, salt & pepper. Combine well!
Press into peppers. Bake until golden & bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Note: Peppers can be halved & then stuffed.