Sole With Oyster Mushrooms And Asparagus
- 24 thin asparagus spears
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded peeled tomatoes (abt 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 sole fillets each folded in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Cut 2 inch tips from the asparagus spears and cook in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, or about three minutes. Drain. Place the tips in a bowl filled with ice water to cool. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, cover, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. This should take about ten minutes. Add the asparagus tips, 3 tablespoons of butter, and the tomatoes to the mushrooms. Stir until the butter melts and the vegetables are heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish fillets to the skillet and cook until opaque in the center, about 2 minutes on each side.
Place the fillets in the center of each of four warmed plates. Top with the mushrooms and asparagus mixture and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)