Salmon Fillets With Morels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 shallots minced
- 18 ounces morels trimmed, cleaned, and sliced
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tspn dried tarragon)
- 6 salmon fillets - (8 oz ea)
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add Morels; saute until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add clam juice and wine; boil until liquids have almost evaporated, about 20 minutes.
Add cream to mushrooms; boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Mix in chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat broiler. Arrange salmon skin-side down on broiler pan. Brush with lemon juice, then butter. Broil until just cooked through, without turning, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates. Spoon Morels over.
This recipe yields 6 servings.