Salmon Fillets With Morels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 shallots minced
- 18 ounces morels trimmed, cleaned, and sliced
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tspn dried tarragon)
- 6 salmon fillets - (8 oz ea)
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add Morels; saute until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add clam juice and wine; boil until liquids have almost evaporated, about 20 minutes.
Add cream to mushrooms; boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Mix in chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat broiler. Arrange salmon skin-side down on broiler pan. Brush with lemon juice, then butter. Broil until just cooked through, without turning, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates. Spoon Morels over.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)